Field Application Engineer – Western Area United States, Silicon Valley
Want to shape the future? Join our team, make a real impact
Location: Silicon Valley
Job Type: Full Time
Number of positions: 1
As an FAE working with a leading provider of communications based solutions, you will work closely with Account managers to present a portfolio of products that will target Telecom and Network Equipment and Service providers as well as IoT applications. A solid understanding of cloud, SDN and NFV is expected. The product portfolio includes High Availability Middleware and in-memory SQL Database, Device Management, Network Management as well as an embedded RTOS.
You must have experience with telecommunication software design and be capable of understanding a customer’s problems. In addition, you will be expected to present solutions using our products and services as well as engage with a customer on technical evaluations of products. Some amount of travel will be required.
- Exhibit technical leadership during customer engagements while demonstrating the ability to create technical solutions.
- Listening to the customer’s requirements, following up with proposed solutions and presenting the value proposition.
- Assist with Trade Shows, demos, and seminars.
- Provide technical feedback to R&D, Sales and Marketing.
A successful candidate should have 5-10+ years of software development or architecture experience in the following/related areas:
- Knowledge of Network and Device Management protocols and paradigms including SNMP and NETCONF and YANG data modelling.
- Virtualization and Cloud Computing software (e.g. Openstack).
- Strong Linux background, capable of usage and development, building user space applications as well as the kernel.
- Programming skills in C C++ and preferably some experience with JAVA and/or Python.
- Experience with high performance routers and switches is a plus.
- Prior pre-sales experience.
- Excellent presentation and speaking skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related area.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
Please forward your resume with covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the form "Apply for this job"!