Linux Software Developer (ID:1000)
Want to shape the future? Join our team, make a real impact
Location: Bucharest, Iasi
Job Type: Full Time
Division: R&D, Services
Level of experience: Middle/Senior
Number of positions: 2
Main purpose of the job
The candidate will be responsible for development and maintenance of Enea Linux distribution.
This includes but not restricted to integration and development of Linux board support packages, kernel device drivers together with the mainline Yocto Linux community.
Merging code upstream is a priority for us, whenever possible.
About the project
Enea Linux is a hardware agnostic embedded Linux distribution running on different hardware architectures, and is tailored to meet the desired real-time, virtualization and networking characteristics of the world’s embedded communications systems.
- Design, code and integrate software for an embedded Linux distribution(applications, drivers, toolchains)
- Customization, deployment and maintenance of Linux distribution on different hardware platforms
- Interact with Linux kernel for different hardware architectures, and integrate new device drivers/kernel modules.
- Improve and maintain existing software components.
- Perform test unit, verification and validation of the product developed.
- Participate in the editing of the user’s guide.
- Scripting languages (bash/python).
- Familiarity with open-source software and tools used for building a Linux distribution.
- C/C++ programming experience.
- Embedded software programming experience.
- Experience in Linux applications programming.
- Knowledge of Linux kernel and device-driver development.
- Experience working with Yocto project/tools is a plus.
- Knowledge of Network programming and Virtualization technology is a plus.
- Knowledge of hardware and low level development is an asset.
- Strong communication skills in English.
- Ability to write effective and reusable code according to best practices.
- Must be a dynamic, autonomous, and team oriented individual.
- Flexible, eager to learn and be involved in development of embedded Linux distribution.
- An inspiring environment alongside global teams of professionals within our R&D Center;
- Opportunity to extend your competencies to keep up with industry dynamics and access top technologies and training for using them in various projects;
- Team buildings and on-premises relaxing activities (darts, pool);
- Flexible working schedule for an excellent work – life balance;
- Motivating salary package and medical insurance.
Discover more about us : http://0loves1.enea.com
Please forward your resume with covering letter to email@example.com or complete the form "Apply for this job"!